Saturday, June 20, 2009

Air Show 09

We took the boys to the Air Show at HAFB this year. The show comes every other year, and for some reason or another this is my first time attending. Brian has been 3 or 4 times and is excited to go again in 2011.

The walk through the parking lot took forever considering I had to stop every few steps to put Ryker's hat back on his head. It took some convincing that hats are for wearing and not eating or throwing, but in the end I am happy to report that the parents won the hat battle. Phew!
The stroller battle was a different story. He was content in the stroller as long as we were moving, but when we stopped to stand in a line he wanted OUT! As you can see from the pictures he is the happiest when he is held.



Jaxon's Air Show experience consisted of seeing lots of "really cool jets and stuff". Most of them he was just able to look in through the windows to see the controls. They had a jet there that they let the public walk through. This thing was massive! When we got up to the cockpit there were a couple of pilots sitting outside the door. Jaxon peeked his head in to look and one of the pilots offered to let him come in and sit down so he could pretend he was flying. He asked a lot of "what's that thing for?" type questions. The pilots were cute with him and let him play with most of the controls....just not the ones that could seriously injure the people on the outside of the plane!


We stopped for some lunch in the shade of a building (note to self...next time don't forget the chairs!) and watched some of the stunt planes doing tricks.



The highlight of the day were the Thunderbirds. They were amazing and so fun to watch! Since Brian had seen the show before he was able to tell me when something good was going to happen so I could get a good picture. I was really happy I got one of the two Thunderbirds as they mirror each other. I was shocked at how the sky looks so different in the 4 pictures I posted. They were all taken at the Air Show and none of them were altered.


Jaxon had fun putting on his own show with jets he got at the Air Show. If you missed the show and would like to see one, come on over. Jaxon will give you a show with a play-by-play and sound effects!



At the end of the show Ryker was asleep on Brian's shoulder and Jaxon was in the stroller.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Very cool pictures! What kind of lens do you have?

Natalie said...

Thanks! I've really enjoyed learning how to use my camera. I have a long ways to go still!!
For the jets I used my Nikon DX 55-200 mm lens.

Michelle said...

Those pictures are amazing! Yes amazing, that's all I can say.