Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

This year Halloween was pretty fun. Jaxon had his first real experience with Trick-or-Treating. Well, semi-real. It's not like when I was a kid when we went to every single house in the neighborhood and came home hours later with a bag full of candy. Jaxon went around our block and got no more than 10 pieces of candy. That's fine with us and completely fine with him. I'm glad that Jaxon isn't into sweets. Don't get me wrong....he likes a good piece of sugar just like the next kid, he just doesn't LOVE it. It's pretty safe to say that Brian and I have consumed more Halloween candy than Jaxon has. He hasn't even asked for it. I wonder if he remembers?Jaxon went as a firefighter and Ryker was his faithful Dalmatian.
After the quick trick-or-treating experience we headed off to visit the grandparents and get pictures with the cousins.

Donkey, Ninja, Fireman, Dalmatian, Superman, Tinker Bell, Witch, and Dinosaur
(Wyatt, Jeffrey, Jaxon, Ryker, Garrett, Lauren, Jayne, and Isaac)




















My sisters are so creative! This year Katherine and Marc went as Buddy Elf and his bride (forgot her name). Kayla and Josh went with the Shrek theme. Kayla as Princess Fionna, Josh as Shrek, Wyatt was Donkey, and Roxy was the dragon.

Brian and I had a Halloween party a few weeks ago with friends and went as Princess Leia and Obi-won-kanobi.
Next year we're starting the costume process in August....or at least before the middle of October!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! Man where do people get all of these cute costumes, I say we start a costume exchange program. Thanks for coming trick-or-treating we love little fire fighters.

Julie said...

I wish we were creative like that! We don't even dress up! I also WISH Cameron would forget about the dang halloween candy but, the second he wakes up he asks for it! How did YOU DO IT??????

The kids looked so cute in their costumes! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!!! That little Ryker is sure growing up fast and what a cute older brother he has! :) I love reading your blog and hearing all the fun, cute stuff you guys are doing and the kids are saying! :)

lhhadley said...

So cute to do a fireman with a dalmation. Halloween is great!

Amateur Steph said...

You guys look terrific. Mike and I didn't dress up. We're boring like that.
It was good to see you for just a min. on Sunday.