Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Eggstravaganza 2010

This year we decided as a family to have the Easter Bunny hide eggs and bring baskets on Saturday so we could focus on the true meaning of Easter, our Savior, on Sunday. The Easter Bunny sent a letter to Jaxon in the mail and was happy to oblige. It worked out great! It was the beginning of a new tradition.

Friday night we decorated eggs. Besides being a fun activity for the kids I don't know why we continue to do this. We colored a dozen eggs. 2 weeks later there are 11 colored eggs still in our fridge! I should eat them, but I don't. Oh, well. What are ya gonna do?
Saturday morning Jaxon was up around 7:30 with anticipation that equalled Christmas morning! Oh, boy was he excited :) Ryker really got into it this year. He ran around looking for eggs (except he called them balls....anything slightly round is a ball!) and when he found one we got a big "woo hoo". It was great!


Sunday morning we had another egg hunt with the Vincent's. Jaxon and Ryker had eggs hidden inside the house (brrr it was cold outside!). Ryker's were hidden in plain sight. Although we figured it could have been a little bit more difficult when he lifted the rug to see if any eggs were underneath. Both boys made out like bandits with gifts/money/treats. The "big kids" also had an egg hunt outside. 30 eggs each. Each one corresponded with a gift/treat/money. Brian and I hit the jackpot this year....I guess I will be able to paint my house after all!



After the last session of General Conference we headed to the Anderson's for yet another egg hunt and dinner. This one was lots of fun with all the cousins. There are 11 grandkids 7 and under....only 3 were too young to participate. There were squeals of delight as they ran around the yard grabbing all the eggs their baskets could carry. Cousin Isaac discovered that all he had to do was follow his sister Jayne around and gather the eggs that fell out of her basket!
As I put away the Easter candy I realized we still have Halloween candy in the cupboard and a box of candy canes from Christmas! I suppose the good news with that is that after a couple of days our boys are no longer insterested (or have forgotten) in the candy. The bad news is is that I know it's there....and I eat it! Hmmm, I think it's time to toss it. What do you think?!?

1 comment:

Jeri said...

I found a box of candy canes last week too! My kids received so much candy from Zac's grandma's egg hunt that I threw it out with the candy canes. I was eating so much of it and I notice that when I'm off track I spend most of my time looking in the pantry to ease my boredom (or procrastinate cleaning).