The other day the boys and I walked around the neighborhood delivering flyer's for an upcoming ward party (which we've now had and which turned out to be absolutely fabulous!). During our delivery we saw a neighbor outside with her little 17 month old son who happened to be covered from head to toe (no exaggeration) in mud. This neighbor of mine said "I just figured since he was already dirty I might as well let him live a little. Besides, what little boy doesn't love to play in the mud?"
We continued our deliveries, dropped Jaxon off at school, and then continued home. At home Ryker found the pantry doors hadn't been closed tight. When I first found him he had just pulled out the tub of 100+ cookie cutters and was taking them out one at a time. My first reaction was to hurry and pick them up and remove him from the pantry, but then I thought of my neighbor and her very happy, very muddy little boy and decided that I would also let Ryker"live a little".
I stopped cleaning and watched Ryker have the best time playing in the pantry that I think he has ever had, and I had myself a little afternoon snack.
5 comments:
Way to go Nat. I say you need to pick your battles and I think most battles never really need to be fought. And you deserve a little ice cream party now and then too;)
What a great reminder! I needed that. Thanks Natalie, you are fantastic!
Amen! That is so true-thanks for that! I need to let my kids live a little too!
Rock on!
Loved that story! It's a great reminder for me:)
Post a Comment